GarageBand Workshop is a fun and creative experience where students will learn
how to play, record, edit and share their own original music. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced musician you will learn how to unlock all of the creative and technical features of GarageBand for iOS. All you need is an iPhone or iPad with the GarageBand application. It is recommended that students bring Apple Earpods or compatible headphones for their iPhone or iPad. Students that are interested in recording electric guitar into GarageBand will require an iRig in order to plug directly into their iPhone or iPad. Topics that students will explore in the GarageBand Workshop include:
- Understanding all of the different menus, icons, tools and functions.
- Exploring virtual instruments which include; guitar, bass, synthesizers, drums, orchestralstrings and much more.
- Using loops and to create beats.
- Recording guitar directly into the iPad or iPhone
- Experimenting with effects
- Virtual Instrument Autoplay features
- Editing audio and MIDI
- Mixing techniques
- Sharing your song with others