The Music Room (TMR) offers adult private music instruction in all styles for a variety of instruments. We secure the highest quality, musically educated professional teaching staff to foster each student’s individual progress. Private lessons include 30 or 60 minutes of one-on-one instruction in one of our 10 state-of-the-art soundproof studios, plus free admission to many TMR events and workshops.
Get Started with private lessons today!
Here’s What You Can Expect at The Music Room:
- Knowledgeable and experienced instructors
- Professional and courteous instruction
- Music lessons that begin and end on time
- Written weekly assignments with clear, concise, customized goals
- On-going introduction to new and progressive skills in technique, tone quality, music theory,
sight-reading and music literacy
- Engaging demonstrations, accompaniments and duets
- Performance opportunities through recitals, mini-concerts or in-store performances
- Communication of progress
- Personal assistance in selecting instruments and supporting materials
How to Reserve Your Lesson Time
Private lesson times can be reserved during an in-store appointment. You can discuss your goals and get answers to any questions you might have. During this meeting, lesson times will be identified and an instructor chosen based on your needs. We do not enroll private lessons over the phone. To help us better serve your needs, please contact us at 847-934-5440 to schedule an appointment or schedule an appointment online.
Cost, Payment & Policies
There are two ways to enroll in private lessons at The Music Room. Students may choose our floating method and schedule one lesson at a time or they may choose to occupy a weekly recurring time slot. Lesson times are available in 30 or 60 minute time slots for both floating and weekly recurring students and are available Monday through Saturday.
The cost is $40 per 30 minute lesson for floating students or $35 per lesson if a weekly recurring time slot is reserved on a monthly basis. A discounted rate of $31 per lesson applies to families or individuals who occupy two or more weekly recurring time slots.