GarageBand Workshop is a fun and creative experience where students will learn how to play,
record, edit and share their own original music using GarageBand for iOS. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced
musician you will learn how to unlock all of the creative and technical features of the GarageBand
application. All you need is an iPhone or iPad with the GarageBand application. It’s recommended
that students bring Apple Earpods or compatible headphones for their iPhone or iPad. Students
interested in recording electric guitar into GarageBand will require an iRig in order to
plug directly into their iPhone or iPad.
● Understand all of the different menus, icons, tools and functions.
● Explore virtual instruments which include; guitar, bass, synthesizers, drums , orchestral strings and much more.
● Learn to use loops and to create beats.
● Learn to record guitar directly into the iPad or iPhone
● Experiment with effects
● Explore virtual instrument autoplay features
● Learn to editi audio and MIDI
● Explore mixing techniques
● Share your songs with others
Each GarageBand Workshop meets for one hour and is for students ages 13 – Adult. Cost is $50 per hour session.
Register for upcoming GarageBand Workshops